- For the purpose of these terms and conditions the use of the following words will have the following meanings:
- “The Company” shall mean KS Plumbing and Heating
- “The Customer” shall mean the person or organization that the Company agrees to carry out works/or supply materials
- The Operative or Engineer shall mean the representative appointed by the Company
- “The Company” shall mean KS Plumbing and Heating
- You personally shall be deemed as our customer unless it is made clear to us whom the customer is and that we have confirmation that you have the authority to instruct us on their behalf.
- KS Plumbing and Heating work mainly on
a hourlyrate basis. The total charge to the customer will be the time spent by the company’s engineer. There is a minimum charge of 1 hour on all jobs plus any parts used, increments of 30 minutes will be charged to the customer thereafter.
- The final total, charged to the customer will include the time spent by the engineer plus any reasonable time spent obtaining materials. Parts and materials supplied by the company will be charged at trade price plus a 30% handling charge. Under no circumstances will any supplier invoices be issued.
- Fixed price work. Estimates will include
labourand materials. The price will be fixed but manifest errors shall be exempted. Estimates are as they sound and the company cannot be held responsible if the time required or materials required are other than first estimated. Estimates may need to be revised if the following circumstances occur. The customer changes the scope of the work, there is an increase in the price of materials, further works turn out to be needed to do the work and finally it is impossible for the company to do the work for the previously quoted fixed price, the company will give a free quote for the work so that the customer can choose to use the company or not, if the customer declines the quote there will be no charges payable by the customer. If the quote is accepted then usually a 50% deposit is taken, the remaining balance is due on the day of completion.
- Invoices are payable immediately at the end of each job. Invoices unpaid (in total or in part) will incur interest at 4% over the company’s banker’s base rate until
invoiceis paid in full. Time keeping. The company will make every effort to attend the job at the time and date agreed with the customer, howeverwe cannot accept any liability for late arrivals or not at all, and also for the late delivery or total failure to deliver materials.
- If the Customer instructs the company to do works or buy materials and then cancel, the company reserves the right to charge the customer for the cost of all time and materials incurred by the company.
- Title to goods. Goods supplied and delivered by the company to the customer, or the customer’s premises shall remain the company’s property until paid for by the customer in full. Whilst goods remain the company’s property (the company
continueto have title over them) the company has the absolute authority to retake, sell or otherwise dispose of all or any part of these goods.
- Guarantee. KS Plumbing and Heating Ltd offer a
90 dayguarantee on all repairs where parts have been changed or replaced and a 12 monthguarantee on all new installations if the materials are supplied by the company. If the customer is not satisfied with the company’s work then the customer must contact us in writing within the agreed guarantee period and let the company’s operative come and inspect the work and carry out any remedial work at our expense. The customer agrees that if no contact is made within the agreed guarantee period then the company has no liability. The customer agrees to let our insurers inspect any work carried out by us.
- Things the company CANNOT cover. The company is unable to guarantee any work where parts and equipment are supplied to you if:
- They are misused, treated negligently or if the company’s work is repaired, modified, or tampered with by anyone other than the company.
- The customer orders the company to carry out work against the advice of the operative. This advice will be given orally or in writing.
- The company indicates that further work needs to be carried out
- Existing installations are either inferior or over 10 years old nor can the company guarantee the effectiveness or otherwise of the company’s work in these cases.
- The company cannot carry any liability or responsibility for the quality of any materials supplied by the customer or carry any responsibility for the fitness for purpose of these materials.
- The company cannot guarantee any work to unblock waste or drainage pipes.
- The company will always carry out work in a professional manner.
Howeverthe company cannot be held responsible for any damages to decorations, fittings, existing pipework, cylinders or tanks caused during the normal course of installing or removing fixtures and fittings. Although every care is taken when taking up carpets, wooden floor boardsor any other floor covering the company cannot be held responsible for any damage caused whilst carrying out the work.
- The company shall not be held liable for any delay or consequences of any delay in performing our obligations if such a delay is due to any cause beyond our reasonable control and the
company shallbe entitled to reasonable time extensions.
- Gas. The customer will be solely liable for any hazardous situation in respect to the Gas Safe Regulations or any Gas warning notice issued. Our representatives work under their own Gas Safe Registration and are therefore solely liable for any gas work and its subsequent liability.
- We reserve the right to decline to undertake any work.
- These terms and conditions may not be released, discharged, supplemented, interpreted, varied or modified in any manner except by an instrument in writing signed by our duly authorized representative and you. Our terms and conditions shall prevail over any terms and conditions used by you
orcontained, set out or referred to in any documentation sent to us by you. By entering into a contract with us you agree irrevocably to waive the application of any of these terms and conditions.
- These terms and conditions and all contracts awarded between us and you shall be governed and constructed in accordance with English Law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Law.